Welcome to Stubbington Natural Health Clinic, from the Director, Caroline Herbert |
Indian Head Massage|
What is Indian Head Massage?
Indian Head Massage works on the physical and psychological levels and the techniques used represent a de-stressing programme for the whole body.
Physical Benefits may include:
- Improves blood flow to the head and neck increasing distribution of oxygen and nutrients to nourish the tissues and encourage healing
- Stimulates and improves lymphatic drainage to the head and neck - helping to eliminate waste material from the body
- Relieves eye strain and headaches and is effective for tinnitus, jaw aches, sinusitis, congestion and insomnia
- Relieves mental and physical strain to improve concentration and better productivity
- Improves muscle tone
- Relieves muscle tension and pain from muscular spasms
- Constriction and adhesions can be reduced or prevented as traumatised muscle tissue heals
- Unlocks restricted joint movements and improves mobility
- Revitalises the whole body
- Scalp massage boosts the blood supply to the scalp, increasing the amount of nourishment and oxygen reaching your hair, thereby promoting hair growth
Psychological Benefits may include:
- Creates a "balanced" feeling of peace and calm
- Alleviates stress, anxiety and depression
- Helps clearer thinking by increasing alertness and concentration
The treatment lasts for thirty minutes and involves working on the upper back, shoulders, neck, scalp and face. It can be carried out with or without oils. The patient can remain clothed.
The Practitioners who offer this treatment are: