Welcome to Stubbington Natural Health Clinic, from the Director, Caroline Herbert |
What is Hypnotherapy?
The hypnotic state is not a state of sleep. It is a pleasant and particularly relaxing state of mind wherein certain senses are more enhanced. You will have experienced the hypnotic state many times in your life although you may not be aware of it. For example daydreaming or listening to music you can lose touch with our surroundings and not feel the passage of time. When you are daydreaming in these ways you can become very receptive to suggestions. The hypnotherapist will induce an altered state i.e. like daydreaming and during this time will help you change what you wish to change
Some Questions Answered
- Q: Can anyone be hypnotised?
- A: Generally yes, but only if you cooperate and allow yourself to be.
- Q: Will I know what is going on?
- A: Yes.
- Q: Will I be asleep?
- A: No. You will be very relaxed. You may find at times that your mind wanders, a little like a pleasant day dreaming state of mind..
- Q: Are there any dangers?
- A: No.
- Q: What conditions may Hypnotherapy help?
- A: Weight loss, quitting smoking, stress management, fears and phobias, depression, memory, addiction and many more.
Practitioners who offer this service include: