Welcome to Stubbington Natural Health Clinic, from the Director, Caroline Herbert |
Personalised Health & Fitness Programme|
TThe Practitioners at the Clinic are passionate about helping people get better when they are in pain. The Osteopaths, Acupuncturists, Masseuses and other Practitioners all help Patients recover after they have injured themselves.
What we would like to do now is help Patients get to their best state of general health and help them to keep healthy so they can do what they want to do when they want to do it (within reason of course!) - be it walking to the shops or running a half marathon.
We have put together a package which involves a 1 hour session with a Sports Therapist. They will discuss any issues you have, your goals and then do some appropriate tests for example to find your BMI (Body Mass Index), your Blood Pressure and Lung Capacity, and also do tests for balance, flexibility and strength.
They will then discuss with you an exercise programme plus recommend any lifestyle changes and supplements to help you reach your goals and maintain them.
Included in the Programme is the 1 hour one to one session with the Sports Therapist, a fitness bag which contains nutritional advice, your personalised exercise sheets, a pedometer, exercise bands, a hand exercise gel ball and a diary to record you progress and any other details you need.
Getting older happens to us all but feeling old may be prevented in most cases. This is what we would like to do for you.
Some examples of the aims we have included:
1. Keeping you able to reach your toes so you can easily wash your feet etc.
2. Keeping you able to walk a reasonable distance to help your heart rate, circulation and general well-being.
3. Keeping your hands and shoulders mobile so you are able to reach the top of the cupboard for example.
4. Keeping a healthy watch over your diet so you avoid various illness e.g. diabetes, osteoporosis.
5. Maintaining a good sense of balance to help prevent falls.
6. Helping with any weight issues as these can affect the whole body.
7. Keeping the effects and symptoms of arthritis at bay, thereby avoiding pain and disability.
8. Maintaining a good breathing regime which helps the heart, lungs, in fact the whole body and the mind.
9. Helping to sort a good strategy for coping with the stresses of life. We all know if stress is not managed effectively it can affect our health.
10. Keeping up overall body strength so you can continue to do the activities you need to do to stay fit and independent.
Whatever your state of health at present it can generally be improved and maintained. We want you to be fit and well whatever your age.
Be your Best and Stay Your Best!
The Practitioners for Cranial Osteopathy are: