Welcome to Stubbington Natural Health Clinic, from the Director, Caroline Herbert |
What is Abdominal Massage?
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are founded on an ancient Maya technique of abdominal massage which is an external, non-invasive manipulation that relaxes the body. The relaxation may help move the internal organs which should help the flow of blood, lymph, nerves and chi (energy).
This unique therapy is best known for addressing misalignment or congestion in the reproductive organs of both men and women, as well as many common digestive disorders. The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® may support and enhance health and wellness throughout the life cycle for women, men, and children.
The following are the most common symptoms and conditions that this therapy may help address:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Frequent urinary infections
- Fertility enhancement
- Menstrual Disorders
- C-section/hysterectomy - surgery recovery
- Pelvic organ prolapse
What To Expect During A Session:
- A review of your past and present health needs focusing on reproductive and digestive health
- Upper and lower abdominal massage to help relax the body to ease tension around the reproductive and abdominal organs; improve circulation to organs and to help support the body’s inherent healing capacity
- Application of bodywork and back massage to improve alignment of the spine
- Instruction in self-care massage to enhance your professional session.
Your practitioner will work with you to address your specific needs. Typically, 2-3 professional sessions are required to address most conditions. Clients who perform their self-care massage on a routine basis report the most improvement in their symptoms.
The practitioners offering this treatment are: